CM-8M Full-Face Respirator
The CM-8M tactical, air-purifying respirator is a next-gen CBRN mask, specially engineered to meet and exceed the strictest military requirements. Thanks to a unique new visor design, it provides unparalleled visibility combined with optics compatibility, along with a six-point mesh head harness for added stability. Like all MIRA Safety CBRN gas masks, it also provides trusted protection from a full spectrum of toxic industrial chemicals (TIC) and chemical warfare agents (CWA) including chemical, biological and nuclear threats such as radioactive dust, noxious gas, vaporized pollutants and more.
- Contoured panoramic visor provides maximum field of view (92.5%) while preserving compatibility with night vision goggles, thermal optics and rifle scopes
- 20-year shelf life
- Uses widely available NATO-standard, 40-mm filter cartridges
- Durable bromobutyl rubber construction (meets CBRN protection standards)
- Tested for compatibility with a variety of high-cut helmets
- Hypoallergenic inner mask prevents fogging, even under hard use
- Tested resistance to mustard gas penetration for nearly 30 hours
- Fits up to 2 standard 40-mm 1/7” NATO filter cartridges (widely available with varying protection levels)
- Can be used with a single filter on either side to ensure proper cheek weld for left- or right-handed shooters
- Comes with a pre-installed hydration system and canteen
- Compatible with CamelBak water bladders with a Type M adapter (not included)
- Compatible with MIRA Safety gas mask microphone (sold separately)
- Compatible with MIRA Safety gas mask replacement parts kit
- Weight: 1.19 lbs. (540g)
- Facepiece Material: Bromine-Butyl Rubber, Non-Irritating
- Visor Material: Polycarbonate
- General Field of Vision: Min. 92.5%
- Filter Connection Thread: Rd 40 x 1/7"
- Inhalation Resistance: Max. 30 Pa
- Exhalation Resistance: Max. 60 Pa
The CM-8M comes in one universal size. The fit is similar to the medium CM-7M, and the CM-6M, which also come in one universal size. We do not recommend this mask for people with smaller-than-average head shapes, nor do we recommend it for above-average head shapes. Always conduct a negative pressure test to ensure you are getting a tight seal, and conduct this test each time when donning the mask.
The CM-8M has been tested with a wide variety of high-cut helmets and shown to integrate seamlessly. However, if the wearer has a small head, the mask may not fit well with a helmet.